Summer is right around the corner, but you would think that because of all the heat we’ve been experiencing that it was already here. Well, in addition to all the rain we’ve had lately, it’s probably going to get a bit hotter as well. A rise in temperature means that your car is going to get hotter as well. Toyota of Clermont has put together a list of things you DON’T want to leave in a hot car this summer. After all, you need to make sure you keep both the exterior and interior of your Orlando car protected!
Avoid a mess in your hot car!
What’s worse than burning yourself on a Toyota car part when you get back into your car? Realizing that you left something in there and it has now turned into a huge mess that you have to clean up. Some of the worst items to leave in a hot car if you’re trying to avoid a mess include:
- Lipstick – This mix of pigments, oils, and waxes make lipsticks risky to leave in a car that’s even over room temperature. In addition to possibly melting them, the heat can change the overall composition of your favorite lipstick, resulting in a different color! So be sure not to leave your favorite shade in your hot car in Orlando!
- Chocolates, gum, and candy – If you leave chocolate in the car and open the wrapper without thinking, you’ll have a sticky mess on your hand. Luckily, you might be able to save it if you put it in the freezer. However, gummy candies won’t be able to recover, and you’ll have an extra sticky mess if left in your Orlando vehicle.
- Canned soda – This is something you may think is safe in your hot car, but you’d be wrong. The heat in your car causes a buildup of pressure. This can cause the can to explode and leave a sticky and sugary mess in your Orlando car.
Sometimes, leaving an item behind in a hot car can be more than messy; it can be expensive and dangerous! Some items that might cause some damage and will need replacements include:
- Disposable lighters – Warning labels state that you shouldn’t expose lighters to heat over 120 degrees or prolonged sunlight. If you do, you’re at risk for the lighter exploding and possibly leaving scorch marks in its place.
- Electronics – The heat in your Orlando vehicle can leave electronics like MP3 players and cameras unusable. The heat can fry the circuitry and hardware, meaning you would have to replace the device. It’s best to avoid leaving your electronics in a hot car.
- Glasses – If your glasses aren’t from the bargain bin, it’s not worth the risk to keep them in the car. Heat can warp both the shape of the frames and the lenses of your glasses. If too warped, you might have to get a replacement. Remember to remove expensive glasses from your Orlando vehicle before leaving for an extended period of time.
Looking for tools needed to clean your car after an unfortunate lipstick incident? Visit the Toyota of Clermont parts center to find what you need! We’re located at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike.