When you think of Toyota technology, you may think of its amazing safety or entertainment features. However, Toyota of Clermont is here with some insight on another aspect that Toyota excels in…robots. Toyota recently completed the first North American trial for an in-home Human Support Robot, and we have the information you should know.
A robot with Toyota technology that is a big help
You may be asking yourself what the Human Support Robot actually is. To decorated U.S. war veteran Romulo Carmago, it’s a way to help him with tasks throughout his day. Carmago was injured in Afghanistan, and that left him with paralysis from the neck down. A combination of Toyota technology features was brought together to create the Human Support Robot, and assist people with everyday activities. Here are some features of the Human Support Robot
- Compact and lightweight body – A smaller frame allows the Human Support Robot to be maneuverable in different sized households.
- Safe interaction – In order to prevent accidents or injuries, Toyota’s robot moves slowly and uses minimal power to get its tasks done. It is also programmed with obstacle avoidance and collision detection sensors.
- User-friendly interface – This robot can be controlled either through voice commands or a graphical user interface via common handheld touchscreen-enabled devices.
- Functions – There are three basic modes that the human support robot goes through. These are Pick-up, Fetch, and Manual Control.
Learn about Toyota technology in Clermont
While we may not have human support robots in Clermont, there are tons of other Toyota technology features at your disposal in new Toyota vehicles.
Mobility solutions – Toyota of Clermont believes that a family shouldn’t have to give up comfort and style just because you need a little bit more assistance. The Toyota Mobility program helps provide information and assistance technology to those who need it when making a new Toyota purchase. Toyota is the leader in automotive mobility and adaptive equipment, and our Clermont dealership offers a mobility model version of the Toyota Sienna with a power rotating lift-up Auto Access Seat.
Safety technology – There are plenty of safety features that new Toyota models near Clermont have to offer. If you’re looking for a reliable ride, our cars can include the following:
- Brake Assist
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Smart Stop Technology
- Traction Control
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Anti-Lock Brake System
And much more! If we wanted to take the time to list out everything that makes our new Toyota safe, you would be reading here for a while
Has all this high-tech talk made you interested in looking a new Clermont Toyota filled with Toyota technology? Stop by our dealership and have a look for yourself! Toyota of Clermont is open seven days a week, and you can schedule a test drive with us by calling (888) 590-6090. We’re located at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike.