On June 6, Ryan Millen showed what the Toyota RAV4 was truly worth. Coming from behind, he claimed victory at the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR). Toyota of Clermont near Orlando has the play-by-play of the race, and how the Toyota SUV pulled ahead of everyone else.
The Toyota RAV4 gets the checkered flag
Millen isn’t new to the winner’s circle. This is the fourth consecutive win he’s had with the Rally RAV4, and continues the perfect season he’s had in the American Rally Association’s 2WD Class. STPR proved to be challenging for all those involved, but the RAV4 managed to shine when it needed to the most.
Due to dust, event rules allowed some vehicles a two-minute gap to the car in front to ensure visibility. However, the Toyota SUV that you can find near Orlando was only given one minute. This means that Millen spent most of the rally with low visibility. He even claims that dust was such a factor that there could have been a loss of 30 to 40 seconds because of it.
So how was Millen able to claim the win? The Toyota RAV4’s features helped ensure the victory. With its great stability and traction in addition to its industry leading Toyota durability, this SUV could adapt to the rough terrain and harsh conditions of the rally unlike any other vehicle on the track.
An inside look at this Toyota SUV near Orlando
We won’t blame you if you’re a little bit interested in the 2017 Toyota RAV4 after learning about its win. But maybe you’ve never really looked into all that it has to offer. That’s why we’re here! Our team near Orlando has put together a list of some of our favorite features of this Toyota SUV.
- Three drive modes – ECO, Sport, and EV
- Smart Key System with a Push Button Start
- A backup camera with projected path and a Bird’s Eye View Camera that has a 360 degree view that is a great example of Toyota technology.
- The Entune App Suite that allows you to access apps like Facebook Places, Yelp, OpenTable, and iHeartRadio.
- The LATCH system to ensure safe car seat placement in addition to 3-point seatbelts for each seat in the SUV near Orlando
- A power moonroof that includes a sliding sunshade
- Siri Eyes Free and advanced voice recognition and steering wheel controls for audio and Bluetooth.
So now you can see why the Toyota RAV4 is such a good fit for the rally circuit. And because of the win at STPR, Millen and the Rally RAV4 can now move on to clinch the 2017 ARA 2WD championship at the New England Forest Rally.
Want to check out the Toyota RAV4 near Orlando in person? Visit Toyota of Clermont today! We’re located at 16851 State Road 50 which is in between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27. You can also call and schedule a test drive by contacting us at (888) 590-6090.