Just because you own a pre-owned car doesn’t mean it has to look like it’s been used for multiple years. Taking care of your pre-owned car in Orlando doesn’t have to be too much of a chore, and it can make your driving experience better in addition to increasing the resale or trade in value. Here are some tips that we at Toyota of Clermont believe are some of the most essential suggestions to follow when keeping your pre-owned car looking great.
Keep the exterior of your pre-owned car sparkling
In Orlando, we’re used to a lot of things during the summer. Sun…bugs…rain…pollen…all of these things can affect the value of your used car! In addition to things like mileage, age, and model popularity, the appearance and condition of your used car is also used to determine its trade in value. To combat threats to your car’s appearance, here are some tips to follow:
- Wash. Washing your car is a simple and easy step to make sure your car is looking its best. We recommend a basic car wash every two weeks to make sure debris isn’t sticking onto the paint. If attached for too long, it may actually ruin the paint job!
- Wax. Waxing your car three to four times a year makes it easier to wash and keeps the paint and clear coat healthy.
- Minor auto body repair. If there are any dents, scratches, etc. that are easy fixes, we recommend getting them done! Just little changes like fixing these can increase the value of your Orlando used car.
- Car detailing. Getting your pre-owned car detailed is wrapping everything up together in a bow. It increases the condition of your car and makes it look nicer.
A clean interior increases the value of your Orlando used car
Most of the time, you won’t just be staring at the car as you drive it. And potential buyers won’t be just looking at the outside and making a decision on whether to buy your vehicle. The interior is just as important as your exterior. Some tips to keep the inside of your Orlando pre-owned car clean include:
- Vacuum. Make sure you vacuum everywhere in your car, not just the seats and mats. Some highly missed spots are between and under the seats, and the dashboard. If you don’t have a vacuum with a hose attachment, we recommend using one at your local gas station.
- Stain removal. Sometimes accidents happen, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get rid of a stain from an unfortunate soda spill. A neat trick is to use club soda
- No more unnecessary junk. Nobody likes unnecessary stuff in a car. Cleaning out your used vehicle not only makes it easier when you transition to a different Orlando Toyota, but it lessens the chance of leaving something in the car for too long.
- Routine auto maintenance. Make sure you keep up to date on your routine car maintenance from Toyota. This includes getting an oil change, tire rotation, and more.
Interested in trading in your pre-owned car or looking for one of your own? Visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50 today! We’re located just off the Florida Turnpike.