Thanksgiving is already less than a week away! It seems like this year has just flown by. If you’re traveling on the road to celebrate Thanksgiving with family or friends, you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared for whatever can happen. That’s why our team at Toyota of Clermont has put together some safe driving tips you should know before heading out!
Safe driving tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving road trip
Are you worried about how bad driving may be when you’re on the road this Thanksgiving? It can be a little intimidating for even veteran drivers to take on a holiday road trip! Our team at Toyota of Clermont have put together some safe driving tips for you to remember when you drive.
- Leave early – Roads are pretty busy during the week of Thanksgiving. It’s important to allow yourself time to arrive at your destination. So we suggest leaving early so that you can have a buffer and won’t be stressed about making it on time.
- Have an alternate route ready – Sometimes the unexpected can happen. Because of that, traffic may become unbearable and roads can even become blocked or closed due to construction. That’s why we always recommend having an alternative route in mind.
- Avoid distractions – There is going to be a lot of things going on as you’re driving this Thanksgiving. If you drive while distracted, you’re putting yourself, any passengers you have, and other drivers around you in danger. Some safe driving tips to remember to avoid distracted driving include keeping both hands on the wheel, putting away your cell phone, and more! We also want to stress that you shouldn’t “rubberneck” to see what was causing a traffic buildup.
- Get ready for traffic – Sometimes traffic is unavoidable. While this is unfortunate, it is something you will more than likely have to deal with as you make a drive during the week of Thanksgiving. Some safe driving tips to keep in mind when there’s heavy traffic includes:
Other tips from our Clermont team to make your road trip even better
In addition to safe driving tips, there are a few other tips that our team has come up that should make your drive less stressful.
- Keep passengers entertained by utilizing features like the Blu-ray entertainment system or singing along to your favorite songs using Entune audio packages.
- Pack your Clermont Toyota full of luggage, food, and more efficiently so you can get in out and out in a snap!
Going on a holiday road trip can seem daunting more than fun at times. Toyota of Clermont is here to help! If you need any more advice on how to prepare for Thanksgiving travel this year, be sure to contact our team at (866) 590-6090