It’s that time of year once again. Football season has arrived in Central Florida and fans from those in Clermont and even ones that are out of state are flocking to games hosted at schools like UCF and UF. One of the best parts about celebrating football season is the pre-game celebrating more commonly known as tailgating. The staff at Toyota of Clermont wants to make sure you are safe. That’s why we’ve put together some of our top tailgating tips that you should follow when attending games this season.
Safety tips to remember when tailgating
No matter how much fun you may be having while tailgating in your Clermont Toyota, it’s important to know how to stay safe. Here are some critical tips to remember:
- Prepare for the sun and heat – Even though fall is just around the corner, tailgating outside near Clermont can be dangerous if you aren’t prepared for it. Be sure to stay hydrated with water and wear sun protection as you tailgate.
- Keep grills away from cars – If you plan on grilling, be sure you keep grills at least six feet away from vehicles. We also recommend keeping a fire extinguisher and first aid kit handy in case any accidents were to occur.
- Know your food safety basics – When you’re cooking, you’re putting people’s health in your hands. Be sure to prep food safely by not cross contaminating, checking internal temperatures, and not serving food that’s been left out.
- Clear your trash responsibly – Make sure to clean up your space when you leave! Remember that tailgating is a privilege that can be taken away if it gets too out of hand. We recommend cleaning trash by separating recyclables from the rest of the trash and picking up any litter that you see around you.
- Watch out for drunk driving – With tailgating comes the inevitable of people drinking. Toyota of Clermont cannot stress how important it is to drink responsibly. Do not under any circumstance drive while under the influence, and be sure to report drunk driving to the proper authorities.
Find the perfect Clermont truck for football season
If you’re looking for the perfect vehicle to tailgate in, look no further than a Toyota truck from our Clermont dealership. Take a look at our favorite models:
- The Toyota Tundra –This Toyota truck is perfect for those who want to carry everything but the kitchen sink with them when they tailgate. The Tundra has a towing capability of 10,000 lbs.!
- The Toyota Tacoma – This Central Florida truck is perfect for those who want something a bit smaller than the Tundra. But that doesn’t mean the Tacoma can’t accomplish what you need it to do.
If you’re looking for the perfect tailgating car or truck, come visit us at Toyota of Clermont! Our expert staff will assist you every step of the way and make sure you make the best choice. We’re located at 16851 State Road 50 in between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27. Call us to schedule a test drive today at (888) 590-6090.