With the rising temperatures, staying hydrated shouldn’t be your only concern. Your car near Orlando is more than likely getting bombarded with pollen, and now the first signs of love bugs are showing up. Don’t worry! Toyota of Clermont has put together some auto detailing tips to ensure you can keep your paint job and interior looking great.
Threats to your car’s appearance near Orlando
Anyone who has lived near Orlando for over one year will be sure to tell you what some of the biggest menaces are to their car. The following threats are more than just an annoyance…they can seriously harm the appearance of your car without the proper auto detailing steps taken.
- Pollen. While you may be thankful for all the greenery near Orlando, it does come with a consequence. Pollen. You could be parked far away from any tree or flower, but it still finds a way to get onto your car. Leaving the pollen on the car for too long can not only wear down the paint, it can also cause more difficulties with your allergies because it would more than likely find a way inside of your car.
- Lovebugs. Despite their name, Lovebugs are not at all loved by Floridians. They come out of nowhere in hordes and seem to attack your car on the highways near Orlando. They’re incredibly hard to take off of your car, and can cause serious damage to your paint.
- Summer showers. We’re approaching our storm season, and that means wet feet piling into your car and dirtying your floor mats. Muddy and wet footprints can ruin the interior floor of your car with stains if the proper auto detailing precautions aren’t taken.
Auto detailing tips to keep your car looking great
If you’re anywhere near Orlando, you’re more than likely going to have to deal with the threats listed above. Toyota of Clermont has some auto detailing tips to make sure your car still appears great even after Lovebug number 500 hits your grill. We’re going to start from the outside and work our way in when it comes to these tips.
- Wash your car. We know, that sounds simple. But did you know you should wash your car at least every two weeks? Using a towel or scratch-free sponge in conjunction with an automotive soap will make your car shine, and clear it of any bugs or pollen.
- Wax. Applying wax three to four times a year will protect your paint from UV rays and any dirt, bugs, or pollen that makes it way to your car. Toyota of Clermont’s parts store has plenty of wax to choose from, and our team members will be sure to help you pick the best one.
- Vacuum. This is the most effective auto detailing tip to keep your interior clean. From cleaning the floor mats to going in between the seats, a vacuum will be able to clean most messes left behind.
For more information and to purchase some equipment to start auto detailing your car, visit Toyota of Clermont near Orlando located at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike!