Spring break is getting closer and closer! As the time for vacation draws close, it’s time to start packing, planning, and plotting your route. A spring break road trip with your friends or family is going to be fun, but you also want to make sure that you all remain safe. During peak spring break times, there is bound to be traffic wherever you’re heading, so be sure to refresh yourself on safe driving tips for heavy traffic.
Safe Driving in Spring Break Traffic
If you’re heading to the beach or another popular spring break location, traffic is inevitable. Whether you’re on the highway or driving along the coast, it’s crucial that you keep safe driving in mind. Spring break is a time to have fun and enjoy time off – don’t let that be ruined by a car accident. If you need a refresher on safe driving tips, Toyota of Clermont can be of assistance. We’ve consulted our driving experts and put together a list of tips for safe driving in heavy traffic.
- Plan your route ahead of time. Determine where you’re going and how you’re going to get there. It’s a good idea to also come up with a backup route in case of gridlocked traffic, accidents, or construction.
- Always stay calm. We can all get frustrated when stuck in traffic, especially when you’re excited for a spring break vacation. However, it’s important to stay calm when behind the wheel of your Clermont Toyota. To prevent frustration, consider leaving a little bit earlier or putting on your favorite music.
- Put away all distractions. Heavy traffic is not the place to be distracted. To avoid distracted driving, put your phone out of sight and out of reach so you are not tempted to check it or use it.
- Don’t forget distance. While behind the wheel of your Clermont Toyota, keep a safe distance in between your car and the car in front of you. This following distance will allow you to have more time to brake or change lanes in case the car suddenly brakes or stops.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Anytime you’re on the road, you should be completely aware of what’s going on around you while still paying attention to the road. By being aware of your surroundings, you are more likely to predict when a driver will make a move. Remember that sometimes drivers make rash and reckless moves when they are stuck in traffic, so it’s important to be on alert for this.
- Use your mirrors and turn signals. Be very cautious of any turns or lane changes you make while driving your Clermont Toyota. Ensure your way is clear before making any moves, and let other drivers know of your next action.
Avoid drinking and driving
Spring break is a time for relaxation and fun, but Toyota of Clermont reminds you to NEVER drink and drive. If you’ve been drinking, do not get in the driver’s seat of your Clermont Toyota. Instead call a friend or cab to come pick you up and get you home safely.
For more safe driving tips, call Toyota of Clermont at (888) 590-6090!