4th of July is almost here, so that means it is time to get out there and celebrate our country’s independence! Toyota of Clermont wants to make sure that in addition to having a great time, you’re also safe. That’s why we’ve put together some tips on what to do and what to look out for to maintain driving safety while on the roads this holiday weekend.
Driving safety tips for this 4th of July weekend
There are plenty of things to keep in mind when driving this weekend in Clermont. Here are some driving safety tips to know before you head out to enjoy the Independence Day festivities.
Put down the phone! – Our Toyota of Clermont experts can’t stress this tip enough. Every year, over 400,000 people are injured in accidents involving cars, pedestrians, and bicycles because someone is texting and driving. It takes an average time of five seconds to read a text message, and that’s five seconds you have your eyes off of the road! During this 4th of July, there are going to be multiple things happening all around you. Nothing is worth the risk of an accident occurring or jeopardizing your driving safety because you pulled your phone out.
Practice defensive driving – When you are driving on the way back home from celebrating in Clermont, there is still going to be tons of activity going on into the night. You will want to make sure you are alert enough to drive and practice defensive driving so you can react to any dangerous situation safely. Some easy ways to practice defensive driving in Clermont at night and increase your overall driving safety include:
- Keep your headlights turned on, but stay away from your brights if you aren’t alone on the road
- Make sure you aren’t tired when behind the wheel
- Don’t allow yourself to become distracted by your cell phone, eating, or anything else that could cause you to not focus on driving
Be cautious of drunk driving in Clermont
Unfortunately, as much as we wished it didn’t happen, you need to be completely on the alert of those driving under the influence this holiday weekend. Not knowing how to react to drunk driving in Clermont can be especially dangerous to your driving safety. Here are some ways to react to drunk driving:
- Know how to spot drunk driving – Some classic signs of drunk driving include driving on the wrong side of the road, swerving through lanes, sudden stops and accelerations, and not following road signs or the rules of the road.
- How to report drunk driving – Toyota of Clermont suggests that if you spot a drunk driver, be sure to stay away from the vehicle to keep your driving safety intact, call 911 to report the incident and provide information on where the car is headed, its type and color, and its license plate number.
Make sure that you’re having a safe time out there this 4th of July. If you’d like more advice on how to continue following habits of driving safety or you’re looking for a safe Clermont Toyota, give our dealership a call! You can reach Toyota of Clermont by calling (888) 590-6090.