Did you know that hundreds of thousands of cars are broken into each year? Don’t let yourself become a part of the statistic! Thieves won’t necessarily break into your new car near Orlando to steal the vehicle itself. Sometimes they break into cars to look for valuables that they can easily take. Toyota of Clermont has put together some tips and suggestions on how to prevent all aspects of car theft.
Prevent car theft with these tips
There are some simple steps you can take to prevent car theft for your new vehicle near Orlando in addition to Toyota security features included in your car. These tips could mean the difference between safely getting home or being stranded somewhere! Some suggestions that we would make to prevent car theft near Orlando are:
- Park close to the front – If you can manage to find a spot near the front of the establishment you are entering, you would be taking a great preventative measure against those looking to steal a vehicle. This is because the closer you’re parked to an establishment, the more likely someone would see a theft in progress.
- Park under a lamp at night – Sometimes you can’t control how late you have to stay at work or having to make late night trips to local grocery stores near Orlando. If you know that you’re going to be parked somewhere at night, try to park near a lamp. This increases overall visibility to any cameras or people that could walk by, making a theft less likely.
- Buy a steering wheel lock – An easy deterrent to those looking to steal your vehicle is a steering wheel lock. This device works like a bike lock in the sense that you attach it to the wheel so it can’t turn, and you need a key to unlock it.
- Lock your door – This one is simple enough. Be sure to lock your car whenever you leave the vehicle. This can automatically stop someone from trying to steal your car near Orlando.
Don’t lose your valuables near Orlando
While it may seem convenient to leave everything you aren’t using in the car, that’s exactly what thieves are looking for. When leaving your car, make sure you take out everything that is of value. Here are some items you should never leave in your car:
- Shopping bags – You should consider shopping flags as big “TAKE ME” signs to burglars, especially if their store names are visible. Be sure to carry all your shopping bags with you, or keep them out of sight so criminals won’t try to break in and take what you just bought.
- Electronics – Electronics and other technology are highly valuable, and are big targets for crooks. Bring any portable electronics with you when leaving your vehicle, and try to conceal any others that you can’t take with you in your spacious Toyota.
While car theft is an unfortunate aspect of our society, we must prepare for the worst after buying a new car. Toyota of Clermont is here with any questions you have regarding security systems, or parts that you can buy to help prevent car theft. Visit us at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike.