The Toyota Motor Company has been around since the 1930s and had its beginnings in Japan. After founder Kiichiro Toyoda and his father created a new engine in 1937 and later, the Japanese military decided to use their new vehicle, the Toyota Land Cruiser. A few years after that in 1957, the automaker made its way to the United States and established Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.
Since then, Toyota has never backed down from their commitment to the United States. Toyota’s commitment to research and development, manufacturing of Toyota cars, sales, and more shows how strong of a force they remain in the United States today.
Toyota cars are American strong
Toyota is proud to be hundreds of thousands of team members strong in the US. This team strives to make sure that every vehicle that hits the showroom floor near Orlando and beyond is at the level of satisfaction you expect from a Toyota car. Here are some facts about Toyota’s American presence.
- Toyota spends over $1 million every hour on R&D – Toyota has received more patents than any other automakers since 2009. Not only do cars and their parts get assembled in this country, but Toyota cars and Toyota technology is designed right here at research and development facilities around the U.S.
- Over 25 million Toyota cars have rolled off productions lines in the U.S. since 1986 – There are ten manufacturing plants located across the country. Team members in the U.S. are committed to creating the Toyota cars of tomorrow today from the beginning stages up until the car reaches the road.
- 136,000 employees in the U.S. – Not only are these employees committed to Toyota, they are also committed to their community. By sharing the principles that Toyota believes in, over $921 million has been donated in the U.S. alone in addition to nearly 55,000 volunteer hours completed by our workers.
- Nearly 1,500 Toyota and Lexus dealers in the nation – Including Toyota of Clermont near Orlando!
- An overall direct investment of $23.4 billion in the U.S.
Now that you know about Toyota’s commitment to the U.S., how about looking into owning one of our most popular Toyota cars near Orlando? Here are some of our most popular new models:
- The 2017 Toyota Corolla – It’s one of the world’s bestselling cars for a reason.
- The 2017 Toyota Highlander – The Toyota Highlander is a family favorite filled with tons of features that everyone in the car will love.
- The 2017 Toyota Tundra – A powerful ride to tackle any challenge you throw at it near Orlando.
- The 2017 Toyota Sienna – Enjoy a smooth ride that provides tons of room and features.
Are you finding yourself interested in owning or checking out a new American-made Toyota car? Visit Toyota of Clermont today! We’re located near Orlando at 16851 State Road 50, which is between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27.