Being a car owner comes with several responsibilities, including making payments, having insurance, updating your registration, and car maintenance! With all of these financial and time-consuming obligations, it’s normal to ignore some auto services in order to save money and time. However, if you want to make sure your car is going to last you for years to come, it’s important that you don’t ignore important car maintenance.
Don’t make these 5 car maintenance mistakes
Are you looking for ways to cut costs and pinch pennies? Our Orlando Toyota Service Center recommends you find other ways than neglecting car maintenance! If you choose to ignore and skip auto service, you could cause extensive damage to your car – which will cost you more money in the long run. A lot of people say there are things you can stretch out or skip on, but the experts at our Orlando auto service center want to make sure you know these five car maintenance mistakes that you should never make:
1. Not changing the engine air filter – your car’s performance and fuel efficiency is affected when you have a dirty or clogged air filter. The engine isn’t able to get enough air into the combustion chamber, causing your car’s engine to run rich.
2. Reusing an oil filter – oil filters should be replaced with every Orlando oil change. Reusing an old oil filter can put your engine at risk. Used oil filters are full of particles, pieces of metal, and other debris will not be able to filter debris out of the new oil in your engine.
3. Ignoring the check engine light – when a check engine light comes on, there are usually two causes: your gas cap isn’t screwed on completely OR your car has a failed oxygen sensor. If the cause is the faulty O2 sensor, you want to have it fixed and replaced before it begins to affect your fuel efficiency.
4. Skipping safety recalls – there’s no need to avoid bringing your car in for safety recall repairs. When the manufacturer issues a car recall, you can have it repaired for FREE.
5. Driving your car after it overheats – if your engine overheats, there is a problem with your vehicle’s cooling system. Our Orlando auto service techs recommend not driving your car after it overheats as it can add extra stress to your engine, possibly causing a head gasket to blow.
Stay safe with Orlando Toyota Service!
There are several other auto services you may ignore or neglect because you’re trying to save money, including windshield wiper replacements and headlight restoration. While skipping these auto service needs may save you money, it can put you at risk while on the road. Having old windshield wipers and cloudy headlights can limit your visibility on the road, putting you in danger while driving in rain or at night.
Don’t neglect car maintenance in hopes of saving money – it can actually cost you more in the long run! Instead, stay up to date with cheap Toyota Service in Orlando. To make an appointment at our Toyota Service Center in Orlando, give us a call at (866) 454-1614!