You’ve heard the term passed around and you’ve even seen people you know do it – but have you ever thought about starting your own carpool? Carpooling involves two or more people taking one vehicle to the same or similar destination, and often involves taking turns in who drives. A lot of people choose to carpool because it has a lot of benefits. However, some people have had bad experiences with a carpool and do not want to attempt again. Toyota of Clermont wants to change this and help people start carpooling again! To do this, we’re sharing safety tips on how to make your next carpool successful!
Benefits of carpooling
Families and coworkers choose to carpool because it’s beneficial to all those who participate! When you start gathering a group to commute in one vehicle, you reap the benefits. Some of the great reasons to organize and start a carpool are:
- Reduces fuel consumption and fuel costs. Save money and time at the gas pump by carpooling.
- Fewer emissions produced into the environment. You can help protect the planet by reducing air pollution.
- Less traffic on the road. By reducing the amount of cars used each morning and afternoon, there will be less congestion on the roads and highways.
When it comes to group commutes, it can work for both kids and coworkers! However, the process for prepping these types of carpools differ a bit. Toyota of Clermont has carpool safety tips for both!
Carpooling with coworkers
If you and those you share an office with are interested in saving some money and even helping save the planet by starting a carpool, it’s important that you plan well and establish guidelines first! Before you start your department-wide commute, make sure that you first:
- Plan a schedule. Who will be picking up who and when.
- Determine a route.
- Establish how expenses will be split and paid for. Figure out how parking, tolls, and gas will be split amongst the group.
Once you’ve gathered the group and planned ahead, take time to lay down guidelines and rules for riding in the car. Discuss things like phone usage, eating and drinking, smoking, and music preferences. Make sure everyone is on the same page before starting your carpool!
Carpooling with kids
If you and the neighborhood parents have decided to take turns dropping off and picking the kids up from school, take a few steps to prep your car first, like:
- Pack toys, snacks, medications, etc. Determine any needs each kid might have.
- Install the proper child car seats. Make sure every kid who needs a car seat has one and is properly strapped in.
New Toyota cars near Orlando are carpool-capable!
If you’re interested in organizing a community carpool, make sure you have the right ride! You’re going to need something spacious and full of features that passengers will love. Fortunately, our new Toyota dealership near Orlando has a variety of vehicles that offer all of that – and more! When you visit our dealership, shop our most carpool-compatible vehicles like:
- Toyota Sienna
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota RAV4
Get ready for a refreshing carpool experience with tips and help from Toyota of Clermont! We’re located at 16851 State Road 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!