Spring has sprung! We have officially welcomed one of the most colorful seasons yesterday. Spring is a time to refresh and restart! This is the perfect opportunity for to give your car a good scrub down and leave it felling fresh. Shake off winter with a few car detailing tips from our team at our Toyota dealership near Orlando.
Rid the winter cold with spring car detailing tips from our Toyota dealership near Orlando!
During the winter your car is exposed to many different substances that can really take a tool on it, especially if you left Florida! The cold weather and snow can really harm the exterior paint of the car. That’s why our Toyota dealership near Orlando recommends a spring car detailing!
We know that car detailing can be a lot of work! Not to worry! Our Toyota dealership near Orlando has gathered a list of things for you to do detail your car at home.
Car detailing 101 with our team from our Toyota dealership near Orlando!
Make sure to give a good scrub down on the exterior of the car to remove any winter residue.
- Under body – If you left Florida and headed out for snowy areas, chances are your accumulated salt on your car. Salt and water cause rust. Give your under body a good power wash you ensure you get rid of any salt residue.
- Exterior – Scrub the exterior with water, soap and a clean cloth. Make sure to fully get off any substance that’s trying to stick to the car. It can lead to unwanted rust built up. Once you’re done soaping it, rinse, and don’t forget to dry it with a dry microfiber cloth. If you let it dry on its own you’ll have water marks all over.
- Under the hood – Don’t use water directly, but with a wet cloth look under the hood. Get rid of any debris that may be wedged into engine area. Wipe it out and clean any dirt with the cloth in the surrounding area under the hood.
- Wax – Lastly apply a wax to the exterior of the car! The wax will help protect your paint from the hot sun and spring showers.
Don’t forget to properly clean the interior as well! Just because it wasn’t exposed to the exterior it doesn’t it mean it doesn’t need deep cleaning. A good car detailing will make your car feel like new again.
- Upholstery and carpeting – Make sure to clean the roof with a microfiber cloth. It’s not something you think of cleaning regularly, but if your roof upholstery isn’t properly maintained it will start to drop. Use a cloth and upholstery cleaning product to properly clean the seating in the car. Lastly, use a vacuum to get crumbs from those hard to reach places.
- Console – Use a moist cloth with appropriate cleaning supply to wipe down the center console. Get rid of greasy finger marks on your radio.
Start spring fresh! Use these tips from our team at our Toyota dealership near Orlando. If you have any questions call (888) 590-6090.