When you call yourself the number one fan of your favorite football team, you mean it! Not only do you have all the gear and apparel, you know everything about the team, AND you have season tickets. No matter where they are playing. you’ll be there in the stands cheering them on! If this sounds all too familiar, then you’re used to being on the road all the time during football season! Almost every other weekend, you’re behind the wheel and on the highway heading to the game! However, it’s important that you make it to the game and back home safely. To make sure you continue to hold the spot for number one fan, Toyota of Clermont has safe driving tips for you!
Safe driving for your road to the game!
Before you leave for the weekend, you’ve got to get your Clermont Toyota packed up and ready to go. When prepping for a road trip to the next away game, keep in mind how to pack a car safely! These safety guidelines include:
- Do not exceed the payload capacity of your Clermont Toyota. Consult the owner’s manual of your vehicle first, before loading up the trunk, cargo space, or bed. Surpassing the maximum payload capacity can be dangerous for the structural integrity of your Clermont Toyota. If you’re driving an SUV, exceeding the payload capacity can increase the chance of a rollover.
- Pack heavy items on the bottom. Stack heavy and bulky items toward the bottom to prevent smaller and more fragile items from getting broken.
- Do not stack items too high. Ensure that your view out of your rear windshield and through the rear view mirror is clear! Blocking your visibility of the road and traffic behind you could lead you to accidentally cause a collision.
You’ve got several hours on the road before you get to the stadium – you want to make sure you get there safely and on time, right? When you’re on your way to the game, keep safe driving tips in mind! Safe driving tips from Toyota of Clermont include:
- Avoiding distractions. Keep distractions, like your cell phone, out of reach and out of sight while you’re driving. You should also minimize distractions like loud music and too many passengers.
- Use defensive driving techniques. When practicing defensive driving, remember to abide by road rules and obey speed limits. You should always keep a safe following distance and look for a way out in case of an emergency.
- Utilize cruise control. To save gas and prevent foot fatigue, use cruise control to regulate your speed. However, do NOT use cruise control in traffic, in the rain, or on hills!
Travel safely in your Clermont Toyota!
When setting out on your road trip, make sure you’re alert and awake! Do NOT drive if you are tired or fatigued. Driving while drowsy can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. It’s ideal if you can split up the drive between yourself and another passenger.
If you’re getting ready for game day and a road trip this weekend, call Toyota of Clermont for all of your safe driving questions! (888) 590-6090!