So you’ve had your trusty car for a while now and it hasn’t let you down. You car helps you accomplish everything on your chaotic to-do list, but have you taken time to make sure your car is OK? Occasionally, it’s a good idea to take a step back and check out the condition of your reliable car. It’s beginning to look a bit run down and dingy, right? If so, it’s time to clean it up and get it looking like new! Our Orlando auto service center has car detailing tips to help you enhance the look of your car.
Easy-peasy car detailing tips
Once you’ve decided you car needs some TLC, it’s time to collect what you need! If you plan on using our Orlando car detailing tips, you’re going to need:
- Car wash soap and car wax
- Towels and microfiber cloths
- Ammonia-free glass cleaner
- Can of compressed air
- Old toothbrush
Now that you’ve gathered your materials, it’s time to clean! By using car detailing tips from our Orlando Toyota Service Center, your car will look better than ever. Your friends may even think you bought a new car!
How to detail your Orlando used car
When detailing your car, it’s best to work from the outside to the inside. For starters, you should give the exterior of your car a wash! Using car wash soap, water, and scratch-free sponge, get to washing! Get bugs, debris, sand, and dirt off of your paint, grille, windows, and mirrors. This is great for the car’s paint job as well as enhances the overall appearance of your ride. Once your car is clean and toweled off, apply a coat of wax! A thin coat of wax on your car every three to four months, protects your clear coat and paint from sun damage and scratches.
Next up are the windows! Using the ammonia-free glass cleaner and microfiber cloth, spray the windshields, windows, and mirrors of your car. According to our Orlando car detailing experts, household glass cleaners WITH ammonia can damage your window tint and leaves a stinky smell behind. Buff out remaining residue and leave your windows streak-free with the clean, microfiber cloth.
Moving to the inside of your car, it’s time to tackle the seats and the floors.
- Remove any floor mats and shake them out.
- Vacuum the floors, seats, trunk, and all nooks and crannies you can reach. You may not realize how much dirt, sand, crumbs and other messes can be hiding out of sight. You can get your car looking good (and reduce your chance of pests) by vacuuming your interior thoroughly.
- Use our Orlando stain removal tips to get food, dirt, and even blood stains out of your upholstery. Scrub with an old toothbrush to really work out the stains.
- Blow off dust and dirt from your from dashboard with a can of compressed air.
If you don’t have the time in your schedule to clean your car yourself, you can drop your car off at our Orlando Toyota Service Center for professional car detailing. Just give us a call at (866) 454-1614!