You’ve decided to brave the traffic, the excessive “are we there yet’s”, and the inevitable potty breaks, to take a road trip this holiday season! Grandma is really excited to see her favorite grandchildren for Christmas this year – but she’s not the one who has to travel 14 hours in the car with them, right? If you’re looking to make your holiday road trip go a little smoother and maybe even make it enjoyable, check out some of these easy and helpful car hacks from the experts at our Toyota Parts Store in Orlando!
Toyota Parts Tips for Road Trip Prep
First things first, packing up the car. When it comes to loading up your ride with suitcases and presents, our Orlando Toyota Parts specialists have some helpful tips:
- Roll your clothes instead of folding! Rolling your pants, shirts, and jackets will allow more space for your belongings. Try doing this and packing for two in one suitcase! Sharing suitcases will reduce the amount of luggage and weight in the back of your car.
- Keep fragile items out of harm’s way with a cargo net. With a cargo net from our Orlando Toyota Parts Store, you can place easily breakable and items you want to protect from heavy luggage, out of the way!
- Make overnight bags easily accessible. If you’re stopping for the night, pack a small bag with the necessities and keep it on top in the back cargo area, or place it under the seat of each child.
7 Car Hacks for a Really Good Road Trip
There are a ton of ways to make a road trip easier and more enjoyable for you as a driver, as a passenger, and as a parent. Our Orlando Toyota Parts Store want to share with you the seven best car hacks:
- Pack a bag with paper plates, plastic utensils, and napkins for eating on the road. Those sandwiches you made or the drive-thru food you just picked up won’t eat up on the upholstery this way.
- Transform a cereal container into a trash can. Remove the lid, line the container with a plastic bag, replace the lid and voila- a spill-proof trash can in your backseat!
- Reuse coffee creamer containers for snack dispensers. Put snacks like Goldfish and cereal in clean creamer containers (they fit in cup holders, too!)
- Hang a backpack packed with activities on the back of the front seats. Pack the backpack with coloring books, portable games, books, and other activities to keep your kiddos entertained.
- Prop up your phone with a binder clip and rubber band. If you’re using your phone for directions, keep your hands free by creating a stand for your phone.
- Put together a small cleaning kit. Use a shower caddy to organize cleaning products into one spot.
- Keep cash on hand by reusing a gum container. Have money ready for tolls!
Your kids will love having everything they need within in reaching distance – and you’ll love not having a huge mess to clean up! For more car hacks or car organization tips, visit our Orlando Toyota Parts Department! We’re at 16851 State Road 50!