Do you drive a Toyota RAV4 near Leesburg or wish you did? Even if you’re a fan of this Toyota SUV, there’s a lot about this new Toyota that you may not know about, like its interesting history and what’s to come! Not to worry, we have the scoop about the Toyota RAV4 and we’re sharing it with you! Find out how this Toyota SUV near Leesburg got to where it is today and what’s in the future for it.
Explore the history of this Toyota SUV near Leesburg
Before we get to what’s to come for this popular Toyota near Leesburg, let’s take a look at its past! Did you know that this new Toyota was the first compact SUV to ever hit the market? Although there’s a lot of option in this car segment, the Toyota RAV4 was the vehicle that started it all!
- This Toyota SUV was first released in Japan and the UK in 1994. In its first year of production, it doubled its projected sales and became an instant hit!
- In 1996, this new Toyota made its way to the U.S. It was a compact SUV with just two doors and a 2.0L four cylinder engine. This gave drivers a new option that was in between a rugged off-roading SUV and a sedan!
- In 1998, the Toyota RAV4 near Leesburg received a complete redesign with a larger size and a fresher face! This is also the year the Cabrio model was introduced with a rear convertible roof.
- This new Toyota was redesigned again when it entered its second generation. This time it came with four doors instead of two! It also boasted a larger 2.4-Liter four-cylinder engine and the option of a manual or automatic transmission!
- The third generation Toyota RAV4 came in 2005. This new Toyota got even longer and better performance. It had a more durable exterior, improved suspension, and electrical steering!
- The most recent change for this Toyota SUV came in 2013, when it was given a complete overhaul for the fourth generation! Now, it’s more stylish than ever before with its sleek and sporty exterior. It’s also packed with all of the best high-tech features for your entertainment, comfort, and convenience!
What’s in store for the Toyota RAV4?
Although the Toyota RAV4 was completely redesigned just a few years ago, even more changes are to come for this Toyota! Although we don’t know the details year, this Toyota SUV near Leesburg is expected to get a refreshing new look for the 2016 model year. However, the biggest change coming for 2016 is the addition of the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid to the Toyota lineup! That’s right – this popular Toyota will come in a hybrid version soon!
Check out the 2015 model today by visiting Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50. We’re located between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27. Give us a call at (888) 590-6090 for more information or to schedule a test drive. We’re more than happy to schedule an appointment for you to meet one on one with a sales specialist!