Imagine, you turn the key in the ignition of the car –and nothing happens. You’re used to your car starting right up, but today that’s not the case. Today, your car won’t start. More than likely, you’re facing the consequences of a dead car battery. A dead battery can be frustrating because now you’re either going to be late, stranded or stuck. To avoid all of these unfortunate instances, you should have your car brought into our Toyota Service Center in Orlando. Our auto service technicians can check your battery and determine if it needs replacing!
How to know if you need a new car battery!
You may not know the signs, but there are five signs that your car battery is dead or dying! Chances are if any of these five signs occur, you’re going to need a battery replacement. Not to fret though, because our Orlando auto service technicians can replace it in no time without charging you an arm and a leg! We even offer car battery replacement coupons!
It is more than likely you have a dead car battery if you’re facing:
- The engine cranking but not starting. When you turn the key in the ignition and you hear the engine trying to start, but it can’t, then it is most likely your battery. If you need to get your car going, try jump starting it!
- No cranking, no start and no lights. Your car requires a working battery to power all three of these things. If you can’t get the car to crank, start or light up then you’ve got a failed battery.
Maybe your car starts, but it takes more time than usual or a lot of tries. If this applies your battery could be on its way out. Before you end up stuck, bring your vehicle to our Orlando auto service center. Our Toyota service techs can test your battery to gauge whether it needs replacing.
Maintain your battery with Orlando Toyota service tips!
So you’ve just paid money for a brand new car battery in Orlando because your old one left you stranded in the grocery store parking lot; don’t you want to make sure that doesn’t happen again? There are ways to maintain your battery and extend its life!
- Clean the terminals. Use a wire brush and a homemade paste of baking soda and distilled water to scrub the terminals clean of corrosion and dried acid-buildup.
- Coat the battery terminals with all-purpose grease. This protects the battery from corroding or rusting.
- If your car faces extreme temperatures, consider getting an insulator to place your battery in. This protects it from the elements and ultimately helps it start easier in cold or hot weather conditions.
Don’t forget to have the voltage and charge in your battery tested every time you visit our auto service center in Orlando! You can even visit an auto parts store between Toyota service appointments to have it tested.
Neglecting your battery can lead to stress and extra expenses. Avoid it all with routine car maintenance! To schedule an appointment, give us a call at (866) 454-1614!