When it comes down to it, getting regular oil changes in Orlando is pretty important to your car’s health. Without a tank full of clean oil, you run the risk of your engine overheating, melding parts together, and seizing up… which means adios, nice full bank account. Not getting your oil changed on a routine basis can lead to super expensive and super inconvenient issues, so be sure to follow the instructions in your owner’s manual and schedule those oil changes when you’re supposed to. However, that’s not all you need to think about when you’re considering the performance of your car – you should also be thinking about the TYPE of oil you’re putting under the hood. That’s where we come in. We sat down with our Toyota techs to answer one of the most common car maintenance questions we’ve heard – should you use regular or synthetic oil?
Which has more benefits – synthetic or regular oil?
First of all, what’s the difference between the two? Basically, regular oil is mineral based (and comes from refining crude natural oil) while synthetic oil is chemically based (and artificially created). This means they act differently, and synthetic oil is often thinner than regular oil. It also has some perks that conventional motor oil doesn’t; typically, it can withstand higher temperatures, and it also tends to last longer. Some mechanics even believe that it offers advantages in that it reduces engine wear. However, which is the right choice for you and your car when it comes down to your Orlando oil change?
- How often do you change your oil? Synthetic oil is more expensive than regular oil, so it can be pricier to get those routine oil changes in Orlando. However, it does last longer, so if you put a lot of miles on your car you may want to invest in synthetic to give yourself a bit more time in between changes.
- Synthetic is also a good option if you tend to get complacent about scheduling Orlando oil changes, because it gives you a little more leeway in between appointments.
- You should also check your owner’s manual – some vehicles actually require synthetic oil, so make sure your ride is getting the right type before you jump in.
- Think about where you drive. Synthetic oils tend to perform better in all types of weather, so if you live in a part of the country that sees changing seasons, synthetic might be your best bet.
- Synthetic can also boost your horsepower a bit more because of its lower viscosity, which is great for performance enthusiasts. They also build up less sludge in the engine because they lack a lot of ingredients that regular motor oils have.
Schedule your oil change in Orlando today!
However, if you change your own oil and stick to your routine schedule, then you shouldn’t have any problems using traditional motor oil. Why not ask one of our Toyota techs which is the right choice for your car when you come in for your Orlando car maintenance? Our service center is open seven days a week… give us a call at (866) 454-1614 today, and ask about our Toyota Service Coupons!