Routine maintenance is an important part of taking care of your vehicle. While this may seem slightly obvious, what might not be so apparent is the fact that car service in Orlando can actually help with your vehicle’s fuel economy! If you want to get the best gas mileage possible, Toyota of Clermont can help! We have tips and advice on what kind of auto maintenance will not only extend the life of your vehicle, but also increase your auto’s fuel efficiency and help your budget!
Get better performance and fuel efficiency with car service in Orlando
It’s pretty common knowledge that regular oil changes can help extend the life of your vehicle, but you can also stretch how many miles per gallon your auto can achieve simply by replacing a few parts.
- Change the fuel filter: This item helps remove impurities in gasoline. The older a filter is the less effectively it tends to work, which means more impurities can pass through it and cause the engine to work harder. Changing the fuel filter can help the engine perform with ease and give you a better return on gas mileage to boot!
- Replace the spark plugs: Spark plugs that are worn or ruined can negatively affect the engine’s power and fuel efficiency. If you replace them then you’ll notice not just better performance, but also improved fuel economy.
- Check the air filter: Every time you take your vehicle in for an oil change, it’s a good idea to check the status of the air filter. If you tend to drive through dusty areas a lot, then you’ll probably want to consider checking it even more often! A clogged air filter can hurt the performance of your auto, which once again can impact fuel efficiency. Depending on how clogged the air filter is, changing it can improve fuel economy by up to fourteen percent! Wow!
This is just the beginning of small routine maintenance practices you can do to help your vehicle get the best gas mileage possible. We’ll be offering routine maintenance services when we open our doors, and our sister store, Toyota of Orlando, also offers incredible car service! In fact, they also offer parts specials in Orlando so that you can easily find the items you need that are affordable and reliable!
Orlando car service can help you save money!
It’s normal to want to save money at the gas pump – especially since gas prices only seem to be getting higher! Regardless of the type of vehicle you own, though, small practices can go far in delivering the best fuel efficiency possible. Here are some other factors you should be aware of when it comes to making the most of your vehicle’s fuel economy:
- If the brakes on your auto are sticking or dragging while you drive, this extra drag will actually increase your vehicle’s fuel consumption!
- There’s a reason your vehicle has a recommended tire size. Tires that are too sticky can create drag, so it’s best to stick with the recommended tire width.
- Double check the tire pressure, too. Too much or too little air in the tires will not only negatively impact fuel efficiency, but can also increase the possibility of a blowout.
While these changes might seem minimal, the positive effects they offer are monumental! Take a minute to schedule an appointment for car service in Orlando to make sure that your ride is delivering the best fuel efficiency it has to offer. We’ll be open for car service in the near future, but feel free to visit our sister store for help while you wait for us. Call their Service Department at (866) 945-0493 – we know they’d love to help you!